Work in progress:
- HAYDN SPACE OPERA, a virtual reality environment created in Mozilla Hubs.
- WALKS, a series of collaborative video works created with Katie Hanning and Jon England (Kaths Kaff). WALKS 1-4 were released in June 2021, with WALKS 5-12 being commissioned by Electric Medway and released on 21 August 2021. A fourth set of videos is under development.
- Piano work for Zubin Kanga
Obviously, the biggest ongoing project I have at the moment is my PhD, which questions the division of public and private creative spaces through interdisciplinary composition.
- Duo with Edward Henderson – co-composed pieces for piano and electronics with my colleague from Bastard Assignments
- Notebook – publishing my composition notebooks online
- Composition vlog – a fortnightly video blog tracking my work in progress (2017- [2020 – currently on hold while I finish my thesis] )
Selected completed projects
- A Memory of Wind, for viola – how might a petrified forest under the sea remember the wind?
- Quiet Songs, for detuned viola, video and voice, a commission for the 2019 Aldeburgh Festival.
- Whitespace, a project exploring the space of the page and the space of the studio/stage
- Aides memoire/POV, a piece for Bastard Assignments about memory which uses field recordings and live photo-taking with an assortment of cameras
- Community of Objects for two to four performers. Experimental piece exploring the private experience of public performance. Written for Plus-Minus Ensemble.
Completed research projects
These two research projects were completed during my Master’s degree and both focus on developing the role of visual art within my composition practice.
- At the Borders of Music, Art and Text: Exploring an interdisciplinary approach to composition, composition research project (2013-14) focusing on music for voices including Drowning Songs, Crossing Dartmoor and the parksong series of experimental pieces/artworks.
- A Sketchbook of Mushrooms, composition research project based on Cy Twombly’s Natural History: Part I: Mushrooms exploring musical equivalents for visual arts techniques and the use of collage as a compositional tool. (2012-13)