Pieces in progress:
- Whitespace, a project exploring the space of the page and the space of the studio/stage
- Altered book project
- New collaborative piece with flautist Jenni Hogan
- Sketchbook project exploring imagery relating to the studio
Obviously, the biggest ongoing project I have at the moment is my PhD, which explores public and private creative spaces through interdisciplinary composition. More about this work turns up in the blog on this site and the composition vlog on my YouTube channel.
- Collection. An online project tracking a random assortment of things which may or may not turn out to be influences
- Composition vlog – a fortnightly video blog tracking my work in progress
- dot drip line line. Open score for any number of performers.
- Things I Found In Boxes. Experimental hybrid media album exploring notions of memory and self-identification through objects. The first part was performed at Bastard Assignments: Fresh & Clean 3 at Block 336, Brixton in February 2016.
- Black Book, sketchbook project (2015- )
- Red Velvet, a sequence of experimental pieces involving cake. The first of these was Cake Piece. (2015- )
- Crossing Dartmoor. Song cycle for tenor and piano (or guitar), based on Richard Long’s Dartmoor textworks. Commissioned by Simon Oliver Marsh. (2014- )
- HearSee, series of experimental video pieces (2014- )
- The piano eggs (1995- )
Selected completed projects
- Aides memoire/POV, a piece for Bastard Assignments about memory which uses field recordings and live photo-taking with an assortment of cameras
- Community of Objects for two to four performers. Experimental piece exploring the private experience of public performance. Written for Plus-Minus Ensemble.
- Paper, for solo cello and video.
- trainlines. Verbal score for private performance on an intercity train.
- Manifesto. Experimental work using vocal and body-sound improvisation recordings, and video footage by the composer, developed through Max/MSP.
- parksong series, experimental vocal pieces/artworks
Completed research projects
These two research projects were completed during my Master’s degree and both focus on developing the role of visual art within my composition practice.