Colour and Shadows: A recital of music by Caitlin Rowley
2.30pm Friday 13 September 2013
Blackheath Halls, Blackheath
Colour and Shadows is my final recital for my Master of Music degree, to be held at Blackheath Halls. As with many Trinity Laban end-of-year assessment recitals, it’s open to the public – and free!
The programme features a number of works that I’ve blogged about here or talked about on Twitter over the past year, including:
- Red on Black on Maroon, for string quartet
- Blue Spiders, for vocal quartet and four-hand piano
- Breadcrumbs, dramatic monologue for unaccompanied soprano
- In Detail, for solo piano
- Fear of Falling, for chamber orchestra
The recital lasts for about 40 minutes and features fantastic Trinity Laban performers in all the pieces. You don’t need to book – just turn up for 2.30. Or maybe come earlier: there are other recitals on throughout the day too, for my fellow composers Michael Thomas Andrews, Barry O’Halpin and Gio Janiashvili, so it’s worth coming earlier or staying later if you’re making the trip – it’s going to be a very varied day!
I’d love to see you there – and of course, if I haven’t met you before, do come up and say hello!
- Click to add a reminder to your calendar (.ics file – suitable for iCal, GoogleCal, Outlook, etc.)
I’ll be posting more information about the works on the programme and the performance itself here on the website over the next few weeks – or join the Facebook event to get the latest details.
2 Replies to “All-Rowley programme for September recital”
Comments are closed.